Go Pro with the Original & Still the Best Instructor Team
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn’t even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) — is the core of PADI Instructor training. The first portion is the PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course followed by the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
The challenging part of the IDC-course is your personal commitment to the training. The IDC-course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily. Organization and dedication are key.
During the IDC-course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting
- Two confined water teaching presentations.
- Two knowledge development presentations.
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills.
- Performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- Performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 meters’/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the IDC-course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part. You will also attend and participate in the 14 curriculum presentations
After this, you will spend a few days completing specialty instructor courses to ensure you are MSDT ready when you have enough certifications
Duration & Content
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams (IE).
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The PADI Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
What this qualification means
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI), you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from PADI Discover Scuba Diving up to PADI Divemaster. You will also gain 5 Speciality Instructor ratings in areas of interest (certification fees excluded). If you wish to return to us when we are completing another Specialty program you can do more FREE for life!!!
This means you hit the ground running, and when you have enough certifications, you can instantly apply for MSDT rating, meaning you can teach your chosen specialty courses as well.
GO Pro Diving Courses you may be interested in.
Our Special Offers
PADI Open Water CourseOnly
5 Day Dive PackageOnly
5 Day Dive PackPlus 7 nights Hotel